Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Coming soon....



Over the past year I have gotten to know one of the co-owners of Moveo Sport and Rehabilitation Centre. Like many interactions within the running world, I was introduced to Leah when I was in the long and arduous process of rehabilitating a stress fracture in my right tibia last fall. Needless to say, I have become good friends with Leah and become a strong believer in her philosophy towards sport, training, injury prevention, and rehabilitation. Flat out, I can say that without her support over the past year I would not be running at the level or extent that I am today. She knows my myofascial system to a T and has solved many of my aches and pains.

With that, I am proud to announce the soon-to-be opening of her second clinic: Impulse Sport Therapeutics in Port Moody. As the website states:

At Impulse, we recognize the true benefit of leading an active and healthy lifestyle and we believe that taking care of your only body should be an integral part of life. Our highly skilled multidisciplinary team provides thorough and comprehensive healthcare through undivided, one-on-one individual care. We support clients from every background in eliminating injuries and pain, promoting fitness and nutrition, and increasing mobility and motivation.

We’re as committed to your body as you are, and we’re always doing our personal best to help you attain yours!


I have been involved in the process of putting this clinic together and have had the opportunity to meet the team that she has compiled. It is an unbelievable crew of talented professional from a wide array of backgrounds. Truly impressive. Check out the website for bios.


As for my role in the process, Meredith and I will be operating a run clinic out of Impulse on Saturday mornings at 8:30am. The first session is set to start Saturday November 6th. The program is oriented towards general running fitness and will last 6-weeks. We will be doing a variety of different workouts throughout the session with different paces for everyone to explore their own fitness limits. I encourage you to check out the Impulse website for more details or contact myself (via this blog or by email at running@impulsesport.ca and/or Impulse. . Don't let the dreary British Columbia fall/winter season bring you down. Come and run with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment