Saturday, October 16, 2010

Dark

Out on the doorstep this morning at 6:00am. Clear, cold air, fresh and dark... a beautiful autumn morning. With my headlamp strapped around my wrist and sporting gloves for the first time this year, I headed out on one of my customary morning 'medium' loops up to the gates at Lynn Headwaters. I have been nursing a bit of a tight/ strained right hamstring for most of the week. I tweaked it during a gym session late last week and it has been pestering me since. And pestering sums it up nicely as I can run comfortably but there are those moments where it reminds me that it is not 100% and that I should not be opening up my stride. With that, I have kept my runs easy and generally shorter but still getting out there every day for the psyche.

This morning was encouraging as I hit the gate in 32:xx and reached the gate in 38:xx without any significant level of exertion (the PE was low). I hit a streak of low 7's coming home without my hamstring rejecting it. I then had to head to work for some good'old OT. All in all an encouraging run. 11 miles in 1:25.

At this time I am undecided on what tomorrow will bring. So if anyone wants to head out drop me a line/ leave me a comment. I was thinking Old Grouse Mountain road with a return trip down Secret Seven (perhaps 2X) and some easy miles around Lynn Headwaters to finish. Company is always welcomed especially in the early AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment