Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week in Review September 27- October 3, 2010

September 27, 2010: PM: 3.5miles (23min). Ran to physio at LEVEL 10 and received some treatment on my right knee that has been chatting as of late. Mostly got it under control but keeping up on the maintenance. Your standard anterior knee pain.

September 28, 2010: AM: 5.5miles (40min). Up at 4:30am to get in a quick tempo session before work. Felt a little tender this morning but mostly a byproduct of the treatment I received the night before. Right hip-flexor was seriously bruised. Other than that, I felt pretty good and was able to get in some decent leg turnover. These runs can be pretty tough in the total darkness. But no complaining, it was a clear warm morning.

September 29, 2010: PM: 9miles (1:15). Headed out after work for one of my customary loops down to Interriver Park. My legs felt alright but had serious GI issues the entire time. This is one of the most frustrating things for me and continues to be an issue more often than not; especially during afternoon workouts.

September 30, 2010: Off 0 miles

October 1, 2010: AM: 10miles (1:15). Warmed up for 1.5 miles then headed over to Moveo where I was getting Lactate tested by Nicola Gildersleeve. Great session with some productive information coming out of it. Maxed out to the point of on the verge of puking. Awesome. I am now looking to use this information to be a little smarter in my training over the fall. More to come on this over the next couple weeks.

PM: 12miles (3:00). Headed up Lynn Peak with the Bro (my parents dog). It was an absolutely beautiful fall afternoon, warm, and the sun was shining. Just one of those days. Took it generally pretty easy, Bro pace, but managed a solid climb (approximately 50min)





October 2, 2010: AM: 10miles (1:19). Had to be at work for OT by 9am so I was out the door early to fit in a solid run. Went from my apartment up to Lynn Headwaters (29:35 to the gate; 35:58 to the fountain) and then looped around Rice Lake. By this point I realized that I was going to be cutting it close so headed home and was generally in a scattered and scrambled state to make sure I got to work on time. I did.

October 3, 2010: AM: 15miles (2:20). Hit the trails this morning along one of my more familiar routes. Started at Lynn Headwaters and basically just worked my way East along the numerous trails. Unfortunately, things just were not clicking this morning. My legs were not sore or anything but they felt like two sticks of lead. After about an hour I sat on a rock and tried to pull it together. This seemed to work a little, but no miracle. With that, I cut the run a little shorter than I would have liked and just kinda tucked it home.

Weekly miles: 65miles
Time: 10:30sh


Not a bad week but not great. Basically just ho-hum. I am definitely still working on getting my energy back from being sick the last couple weeks; I am starting to feel the body come around though. On the positive. my right knee was solid throughout the week which was encouraging. At this point it just seems like something I will have to continually keep an eye on as I work to strengthen the right glutes/ hip flexors. I will be looking to up the AT and tempo work over the next month or so. I will also be attempting to utilize my heart-rate monitor a little more often. Hopefully this will give me a better idea as to where my body is at on any given day and to be training in the appropriate zones, etc.

1 comment: